Mozilla has released a new update for Firefox 68 in which you can now have videos played in picture-in-picture mode!
Google Chrome, Opera and other browser had this feature for a long time already, because most of them are “Chromium” based and they get all the same features.
But since Firefox is based on Mozilla’s open-source engine “Gecko”, it did not have this feature. But now, finally, it’s also in Firefox available.
So how to enable the feature?
- In Firefox 68, PiP is sadly not enabled by default. You have to enable it manually. To do so, follow these simple steps.
- Write in the URL bar: about:config and press enter.
- Click on “I accept the risk!”.
- Now type this in the search bar: picture.
- Now only few options are left. Double click on “media.videocontrols.picture-in-picture.enabled” and you have enabled picture-in-picture.
- You may have to restart Mozilla Firefox for it to work.
It’s to be seen if Mozilla enables this feature as default in future versions of this browser. But most likely they’re doing it.
Like this post? Share it!
Please support on Patreon!Become a Patron!