The famous video platform vidme (vid.me) will be shutting down this month on the 15th.
This came very unexpected, because they have grown their community over the years and nobody knows why they decided to close it down now.
Every person who is registered at vidme received and email where they write when they close the website and what you have to do now.
Here’s an image of the email:
Or read the email text here:
We’re writing to let you know that after careful consideration, we’ve arrived at the difficult decision to suspend the Vidme site and apps effective December 15th.
You can read more about our rationale for this decision here: https://medium.com/@
What this means for you:
- New sign-ups and uploads will be disabled effective today.
- Existing videos will be playable and exportable from your video manager until December 14th, at which point they will be permanently deleted from the Vidme servers. If you want to backup any of your videos, be sure to sign in and visit your video manager and click the export button (displayed below). After a few minutes, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your exported video.
- All paid channel subscripitions will be suspended immediately, and subscriber-only videos will be exclusively accessible to their video owners.
- Any outstanding earnings will be paid out upon verification within 60 days.
- All Vidme paid subscriptions will cease as of today, and subscribers will no longer be billed.
Please see our full FAQ for more details, and email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you for giving Vidme a chance, and we’re very sorry that we won’t be able to continue to support you on the next stage of your creative journey. It has truly been a joy to watch people from all over the world connect, collaborate, and make new friends in this community, and we’re happy to know that many of those relationships will long outlast Vidme itself.
Wishing you the best of luck.
♥ Team Vidme
PS, If you’d like to get updates about what we work on next, please sign up here.
Share This Post