Google Chrome is great and all, but it’s lacking a feature that Firefox had for a long time. The Reader Mode.
If you are reading an article online, you are maybe disturbed by all the ads on the website. Maybe the font that this website if using is also bad and not good to look at.
Well, there’s a solution now! The Reader Mode that is already installed on your Google Chrome browser.
How to activate it?
Sadly, this new Reader Mode is not pre-activated like in Mozilla Firefox. Maybe in future releases of Chrome it’ll be, but now it’s not.
So you have to enable this feature manually.
- Open a new tab, and type in this “chrome://flags” and press enter.
- In the search bar, search for “Enable Reader Mode” and an option will pop up.
- Change to value from “Disabled” to “Enabled” and restart your browser.
- Now visit a site with a lot of text.
- Click on the 3-button-menu and then on “Distill page”.
Now you have the Reader Mode for Google Chrome!
Sadly it does not have the features like Firefox has, for example, to change the background to black or change the font. But that will surely come in future versions of Chrome.
Like this post? Share it!
Please support on Patreon!Become a Patron!